Best IDE For Java
According to Tiobe, Java has been the number 1 most popular language since its creation.
Many Developers prefer JAVA than any others language because code can be run securely on nearly any other platform and many MNC’s are also using java for developing applications.
If you know java very well then you are an all-time wanted developer in the IT industry!
The difficulties arises while choosing the right IDE. For selecting the best one you should check for the features and the environment provided by the IDE which makes you comfortable with it.
The right IDE gives you all the features you want while developing an application.
Below we have listed some of the 9 best IDE for JAVA.
- IntelliJ IDEA
1. BlueJ: BlueJ is an integrated development environment (IDE) for the Java programming language.
- This IDE is mainly used for educational purposes.
- It also used to create and test the objects.
- It is also suitable for those who wish to do small-scale software development.
- It is mostly used to teach object-oriented programming language.
- This IDE allows developers to interact with the coding environment easily.
2. Codenvy: This is most demanded by the developer’s. It is a cloud-based IDE for java development.
- Code completion, refactoring and syntax highlighting these are the features provided by Codenvy.
3. DrJava: The IDE is developed and maintained by the JavaPLT group at Rice University.
- It is developed for students and beginners for learning purposes.
- If you are advanced programmers, then DrJava offers auto-completion, automatic indentation, brace matching, commenting and syntax coloring. On top of all, DrJava integrates into Eclipse via a plugin.
- It maintain consistent appearance on different platforms.
- Its interface is developed using sun microsystem.
4. Eclipse: Eclipse is one of the popular well known IDE used for java. It has been listed for the top 3 IDE’s for java programming.
- It is available in both desktop and cloud editions.
- The features eclipse provides is Windows Builder, integration with Maven, Mylyn, XML editor, Git client, CVS client, and PyDev.
5. IntelliJ IDEA: Its a free open source java IDE mainly used for Android app development, Scala, Groovy, Java SE and Java programming.
- Cross-language refactoring and data flow analysis are the main provided features by IntelliJ IDEA.
- It makes java developer go deep into it for learning.
- IntelliJ IDEAJ is also supported by Unit testing, TestNG, debugging, code inspections, code completion and support for multiple refactoring.
6. JCreator: JCreator, another lightweight Java IDE created by Xinox Software.
- It is available in Lite Edition, Pro Edition, and Life-Pro Edition. These are the three different editions.
- Microsoft’s Visual Studio and Jcreater has the same interface.
- As JCreator has been programmed entirely in C++, Xinox Software has asserted that JCreator is faster than competing Java-based Java IDEs.
7. Oracle JDeveloper: JDeveloper is a freeware IDE by Oracle Corporation.
- It maintains the development lifecycle of software development i.e design through coding, debugging, optimization and profiling to deploying.
8. JGRASP: JGRASP is implemented in Java, and runs on all platforms with a Java Virtual Machine.
- JGRASP allows the generation of complexity profile graphs and UML class diagrams.
- It is also lightweight java IDE producing static visualizations of source code structure as well as visualizations of data structures at runtime.
- It has the ability to produced Control Structure Diagrams and UML diagrams for other languages.
- JGRASP is an integrated debugger and a workbench for Java developers.
9. NetBeans: Another topmost IDE listed for java development.
- NetBeans IDE is a free and open-source integrated development environment for application development.
- NetBeans is referred to as a platform of modular components used for developing Java desktop applications.
- NetBeans IDE can boost your productivity when you’re working with Java SE, Java EE, or Java ME.
10. Greenfoot: Greenfoot is developed at King’s College London, with the support from Oracle.
- It is free software and available for Windows, macOS, Linux, Solaris and any recent JVM.
- It is a development environment using JAVA.
- It is mainly developed for educational purposes.
- It allows the development of two-dimensional interactive games and simulation.
- Greenfoot offers methods to easily program actors, including a method for movement, rotation, changes of appearance, collision detection.
- For animated graphics, sound and interaction greenfoot provides easy access.
- Concepts such as the class/object relationship, methods, parameters and object interaction are conveyed through visualizations and guided interactions.
- It correctly represents modern object-oriented system.
Above are some of the best IDE for java which we can use for development purposes. It provides the best user interface and features that any java developer could expect to have in their IDE.
All of them are free and open-source and also available for Windows, Mac and Linux versions.