Top 10 Best IDE For Web Development
Best IDE for web development: Web Development is the process of developing a Web site for the internet. Web designing and web development are two different things.
Web designing is making an aesthetic portion of the website and its usability, whereas web development making it a functioning website.
Web developers are more creative as it creates an awesome website, adds cool features, and makes it user-friendly. But with your creative and logic, it required a perfect IDE which comes with the unique features that make your task somewhat easy and awesome.
In this article, we are going to have a look at 10 best IDE for web development and not only web development but these IDEs can also be used for application development too.
Using a simple text editor like notepad is also cool but for the additional functionality, we required pretty amazing tools available on the internet.
Some best IDE for web development you should try :
PhpStrom is software developed by JetBrains, it works with an operating system like Windows, macOS, Linux. PhpStrom includes a bundled evaluation license key for a free 30-day trial.
- It can be work with PHP Frameworks like WordPress, Symfony, Laravel, Zend Framework, Drupal, Magento, Yii, and others.
- It has zero configuration and provides detailed insights into all the things of your code.
- It has Error highlighting.
- It has a command-line tool.
- HTML and CSS editor.
- Remote deployment.
2. Visual studio code:
- It also supports Typescript and NodeJs.
- It has Syntax highlighting.
- It has autocompleted with IntelliSense based on variable types, function definitions, and imported modules.
- It allows to Debug the already created app for code compilation and error correction.
- It’s free to use and download.
- Code refactoring.
- The integrated debugger works not only as a source-level debugger but also as a machine-level debugger.
- In visual studio for GUI applications designer provides Forms.
- One of the best IDE for web development
3. Sublime Text:
Sublime text is one of the best editors for Web development.
- It’s a simple code editor who provides many features with it.
- Most importantly it’s free to use.
- It has features like code auto-completion, using snippets and macros, etc.
- One should try this editor once.
If you are searching for quite easy working IDE then ATOM is for you by GITHUB. It has built-in the package manager.
- Atom has pre-installed with four UI and eight syntax themes in a variety of colors.
- It works with a different operating system like Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Opens more than one project in a window easily.
- Atom is a desktop application that is built by in the integration of HTML, CSS, JS, and Node.JS.
WebStorm IDE is the best IDE for web development. It is easy to use, lightweight and extremely user-friendly IDE to use.
- It also best for the updated versions of web development in terms of client-side, server-side and mobile applications.
- It is compatible with Windows, Linux, and Mac OS.
- Intelligent Code Completion.
- Automated refactoring of code.
- It has a Debugger.
- It has Syntax error detection.
- Unit testing.
- Git integration.
- Powerful navigation.
Brackets is a source code editor created by Adobe Systems, with a primary focus on web development.
- It is free and open-source.
- Currently maintained on GitHub by Adobe and other open-source developers.
- It has some other features like:
- Inline Editors: It simply allows you to open a window into the code you care about most instead of jumping between file tabs.
- Live Preview: It gets you a real-time connection to the browser, It immediately displays changes on-screen editing in HTML and CSS file.
- Preprocessor Support: It allows you to Quick edit and lives highlight with LESS and SCSS files.
It’s one of the top 10 IDE where it is used for web development. It’s an excellent and powerful text editor.
- Vim’s strengths are its smallness and simplicity: therefore it doesn’t consume a considerable amount of system resources as opposed to other text editor’s especially graphical text editors.
- It never get slow even if you open a huge amount of files.
- It also used in CLI (command line interface).
It’s a free and open-source IDE for web development. It comes with a bunch of new integrations that will allow you to more frameworks, languages, and tools in one cross-platform IDE.
- It also has a paid version that provides more cool features.
- It has Python and PHP code profiling.
- It is convenient to code collaboration for multi-user editing.
- Autocomplete and refactoring feature.
- It has graphical debugging for NodeJS, Perl, PHP, Ruby, Python, etc.
- The IDE makes easier web development for users.
- Komodo provides a wide range of support.
9. IntelliJ IDEA
Like others, it is also free, open-source and easy to use IDE for Web development. IntelliJ IDEA is the best CSS IDE, and also supports a wide variety of programming languages like AngularJS, CoffeeScript, HTML, JS, LESS, Node JS, PHP, Python, Ruby, Sass, Typescript, etc.
- It has git integration.
- Best for HTML, CSS, and JS.
- Supports multiple build systems.
- Integrated version control.
- Deployment and debugging tools for most application servers.
I listed it on last but it has first in the list of best IDE for web development. As it provides many features to develop cool web, mobile, and desktop applications.
- It has code analyzing and editing tools.
- Compatible with the latest Java 8 technologies.
- Available in a variety of languages including English, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, Russian, and Simplified Chinese.
Conclusion (Best IDE for web development)
- Here we discussed everything about the Best IDE for web development. Hope you liked this article.
- We will be back with another great article that would prove an add to your technical knowledge.
Thanks for reading…!